The Artillery is a tank unit from the original game. It is created in the Fort. This unit is known to out range almost all of the defense buildings in the game, but cannot attack any other kinds of units. They have to be researched before being built, unlike in the original game, thus making it a mid-game unit.
Artillery is used when the time is 25 minutes or more depending on how fast your research speed is. It is used when the desired building target has a lot of turrets around it, and usually destroys the turrets first, while protected by other units. Warning, artillery CANNOT kill units, they only shoot buildings.
Since artillery outranges all defenses, one artillery can theoretically destroy an entire base, as long as the enemy does not send out units. Therefore, they are immeasurably helpful in attacking bases, but will realistically need backup.
To prevent the Artillery from being destroyed by other units, put something with high health in front of it, like several Juggernauts.
To prevent the Artillery from being hit often, you can put them on top of a mountain adjacent to the desired target and some heavy units guarding the entrance ramp to the mountain, to make it harder for the enemy units to scale through the mountain to destroy the Artillery.
If researched early, they are very good for rushes. Put 10 heavies in front of your artilleries and attack the enemy Command Center without taking any hits from it.
This unit is also really good defeating strong bases.
- The Artillery's appearance has changed in games, from Conquerors 1, to Mark 2, then to Mark 3.
- With the Russian WWII skin pack it appears as a real -ife KV-2
- With the Modern USA, it appears as a real world M109
- The Artillery is actually a real unit used in real life in modern day militaries, with the same concepts as this digital one.
- The Artillery needs to be researched, unlike the other versions where it doesn't need to be.